Trussville City Schools have access to every test on the Renaissance Learning website. The Trussville Public Library has marked Accelerated Reader books with color coded level stickers. If a book from the Trussville Children’s Department has a sticker on it, there should be a test for that book. Look in the back of the book for the exact reading level and point value.
If a book does not have a sticker designating it as an AR book, then you can check to see if a test is available by visiting:
1. Under the Quick Search tab, type the title of the book exactly as it is written then click GO.
2. You may need to scroll down the list if there is more than one book with the same title. If this is the case, then find the book with the same author.
3. Once you have become familiar with the website, you may want to use advanced searches where you can look up not only by title but also by author, reading level, and more.
4. If you locate a book on this list, your Trussville School student should be able to read the book and take an AR test at school.
5. If your child is not a Trussville student, ask your child’s teacher about AR tests at his or her school. Not every school has access to all of the tests.
Tests are conducted at school – not at the Trussville Public Library.