The Library Hotspot provides filtered wireless access for patrons using personal notebook or laptop computers equipped with a functioning wireless network connection.
- The library’s wireless network is not secure. Information sent from your laptop can be captured by anyone with a wireless device and appropriate software within approximately three hundred feet.
- Library staff cannot provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the library’s wireless network. Use at your own risk.
- Printing capability is not available at this time.
- The Trussville Public Library reserves the right to require individuals to discontinue the display of information and/or images which could cause a disturbance to others.
Dissemination or public display of obscene matter is a misdemeanor in Alabama. Section 3a-12-200.3 dissemination or public display of obscene matter containing visual reproduction of persons under 17 years of age involved in obscene acts is a class b felony in Alabama 13a-12-191.1. Violators will be reported to the local police department.
Board Approved, March 16, 2009. This policy may be revised at any time.