Trussville Public Library believes that tutoring is an activity in line with the Library’s role as an educational support center in the community.
Use of the Library for tutoring is allowed within these guidelines:
- Tutors should meet their students in the Library lobby.
- Only one student may be tutored at any time.
- Maintain an appropriately quiet conversation level.
- Students and tutors are expected to follow all Library house rules.
- Silence cell phones, this means vibrate only.
- No food or drink.
- Library telephones may not be used to make or cancel appointments.
Tutors must inform parents that Library staff will not deliver messages to tutors or students.
- It is preferred that the parent remain in the Library while the student is being tutored. The Library assumes no responsibility for children left unattended.
- Tutors are responsible for students under 18 years of age while on Library property until released to a parent/guardian or to authorized transportation.
- Tutors working with students at the end of Library hours are asked to leave the Library fifteen minutes before closing.
- Tutors will be required to sign a copy of this policy that will remain on file with the Library Director.
Tutor Hours and Areas:
- Tutors may use the tables in the children’s area and young adult areas at any time during Library hours. This area is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tutors may not use the tables in Adult Services, Reference, nor may they use the meeting room.
Board approved: 11-17-08